Wednesday, August 6, 2014

GET RID OF " I CAN'T!!!"

I can't do this, I can't do that. I want to do it, but I can't. I wish I could do that, but I just can't.
Ask yourself, " why can't I?" This can refer to anything in life, but this will be about health, fitness, & a healthy mental attitude. Alot of the reasons why some believe they can't is because they are only looking at the finish line, the last chapter, & the final result. If you started to read a book and you are on chapter 1, do you think you will get the full story if you decided that you didn't want to read everything and jumped straight to chapter 10? Sure, you will know the outcome, but you wont have the experience or the appreciation of the story itself. There would have been no dedication and you would not have gotten much out of it. Ironically, there are more obese, overweight, & unhealthy individuals out there that would take more time and apply more dedication to sitting and finishing a novel than would take the time to get moving for better health. Why is that? Could it be because reading a good book is easier and more entertaining, not to mention more relaxing than exercising? Perhaps... Now don't get me wrong- I am all for unwinding your mind and relaxing. I am a big fan of reading and wish I could do more of it. If you are overweight and unhealthy and claim to not have time for exercise, but you can pound down 2 books a week- well, I dont have to tell you what I am thinking. Meanwhile, you have low self esteem, poor body image, depression over how you look and feel. You dont want to look or feel this way anymore and you have given up because you think it's hopeless.
You read about success stories all of the time. You may find that a family member, freind, neighbor, or co-worker just lost weight and is living a healthy lifestyle. Why not you? Why are you different? There can be several answers to this question, but there is one answer that is worth entertaining. GET RID OF " I CAN'T!!!" Clear your mind of this very Negative and disruptive way of thinking! It's all in how you think! What you tell yourself is what you will believe! If you tell yourself that the reason why Ms Jones lost her weight is because she has a better metabolism than you, or that her body is different, than you are just tricking your mind into accepting that losing weight is something she can do, but you can't. Now, your back to reading that romance novel curled up with a cup of tea and a danish. Do you ever get jealous of other women because they are thinner than you? Do you make jokes about your weight? "Big is beautiful" , "Beauty comes in all shapes & sizes", " There's more to love". Being overweight doesnt mean that you arent beautiful or that your not worth loving. If you are joking around this way, that means you are accepting it and believe that you "Cant" change it. Beauty is only skin deep- How about your heart, lungs, organs? How about the fact that you can be the best, most loving mother, freind, wife, sister,brother, and have the biggest heart? How about all of those who do love you for you- whatever your size? Have you thought about how crushed your family and freinds would be if you were no longer here? Being overweight doesnt make you a bad person, it just make you sick. Very, very sick. Now because you are such a great person, you would never, ever want to put them through that! How can you prevent this? GET RID OF I CAN'T! Adopt a New Attidude! Once you've told yourself, "I can't", you already lost. Repeat after me >>>> I CAN....I CAN...I CAN DO IT...I CAN DO IT...I CAN & I WILL!!! Not only will just saying these words make you feel better, but you will do something right away! You would normally go sit in your favorite chair with that book, or TV, or computer- But not after saying these words! What will you do? That's up to you. Go for a walk, join a gym [ big leap,lol], ask someone to do it with you, just get moving! Spend 30+ minutes being Active. You will fee great! Remember that feeling! Take the word "I Can't" out of your mental dictionary. You may wake up one morning and feel groggy and say ," I ***'* go for a walk today, I just dont have the energy" That's ok- old , bad habits die hard. Just shake yourself and say," What are you talking about? I CAN...I CAN...I CAN DO IT...I CAN DO IT...I CAN & I WILL!!!" Live out each and every chapter of your life. Experience every step to better health, better quality of life, & be your own novel. This is the story of your life- everyday may be different and you will have hurdles and challenges. You are strong, because your mind is strong. You are beautiful inside and out. You arent looking at the finish line anymore. You are looking at each day individually- enjoying and appreciating everything. I already know that you can sort of feel what Im saying. If not, read this again- except this time really pay attention :)
YOU CAN & YOU WILL!

Hugs&Health
Bernadette xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment